Monday, November 20, 2006

"As Professional Responsibilty Turns"

Today's Very Special Episode: The Anti-Teacher's Pet*

Professor: You (as he points at me) what is interests conflict?
Me (barely even conscious, never mind paying attention) : A conflict between two interests.
Prof: Um, yes that is true, but how about a more expansive definition.
Me: Well when you as a lawyer have one interest and your client has another, thus a conflict.
Prof: Not exactly, how did we describe this earlier this class period?
Me: Yeah sorry, I got nothin'.

And that, my friends, is pretty much a nutshell of how I roll now that I am a 3L. And evidently this lack of caring has been met with open arms by my classmates as 3 people have already come up to me telling me that this exchange is the highlight of their PR semester. Yep that's me, Apathetic Law Student, making law student's lives a little brighter one smart-ass apathetic comment at a time.

* This episode was brought to you by the letters F and U

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a hysterical moment. Poor Former Dean Powell - he was really disappointed you weren't hanging on his every word. You know he's going to call on us now that he realizes we don't have a clue what's going on in class.

Chris said...

hilllaroussss! haha.

Anonymous said...

I think that's even better than me rolling into Admin 20 mins late for no reason other than I really just hate going. But the fact that I "work" for him probably brings it up to about even.

Anonymous said...

I thought the sponsoring letters were B and S that day...