Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Girl All the Bad Guys Want

Yep that's me! So I'm at court yesterday for my internship and we are representing a wife in a divorce case where there are allegations of infidelity by the husband. So all is going well and after about 15 minutes of sitting with the attorney I intern with and our client I go to get a drink of water. At said water fountain a guy starts flirting with me rather heavily. How exciting a guy flirting with you, you may think. Is he hot?? Well, not so fast there....yeah its the husband we are opposing!! What the hell? Needless to say I am a bit creeped out. Here is the exchange between us after his flirting and me choking on water in realizing who he is:

Me: Do you know who I am?
Him: No, should I? Cause I definitely want to
Me: Um, yeah... I work for Jane
Him: huh?
Me: Jane Doe
Him: (staring blankly)
Me: (pointing) I'm a law clerk for Jane Doe....your wife's attorney
Him: Oh
Me: yeah I'm helping represent your wife in her divorce...you know, the one where she claims you cheated on her
Him: Oh No
Me: Oh Yes, smart guy
Him: maybe we should just talk later
Me: Or perhaps not at all. I mean dude I read your file.

That's right I attract the winners! And my mom was worried I wouldn't meet any quality men if I practiced family law.

1 comment:

asbeeus said...

I'm sure he wouldn't cheat on you Meg:)