Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"Movin Out (Megan's Song)"

First Happy Hanukkah! I know I am a little late as it started on the 15th but its not over till the 23rd so I think I'm still good. Enjoy the yummy potato latkes and other delicious fried Hanukkah foods (and of course the religious aspect of Hanukkah too). How I miss the cultural melting pot of college and being able to take part in Jewish traditions and culture!

So moving day has finally come and as of tomorrow morning I will again be hauling my stuff to my new apartment. As part of my upcoming application to the SC bar, I was recently forced to name all the places I have lived in the past 10 years, and I was a little bit surprised to see that I have managed to 14 different residences! Evidently I was some sort of nomad in a former life! Hopefully soon I will finally be able to settle somewhere for more than a year. So anyways as of tomorrow I will have an abode of my very own. It's sad to leave my currently roomie, but at the same time its really exciting to have an apartment on my own as I have never done so before. Plus in the utmost in dorkiness and laziness I am hella excited to have a dishwasher! I know, I know... I am like an old person.

Finally as I have yet to set up internet or cable for the new digs, this may be my last post for awhile unless of course I can "borrow" a signal from my neighbors or manage to pry the control of the computer away from my siblings. So knowing that, I just want to say Merry Christmas in advance. I hope that everyone one, regardless of religious conviction (or lack there of) has a joyful holiday (be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa, something else entirely or just having the day off) that is filled with love and happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized that you let your anonymity slide a little by using you first name in the title...

Chris said...

I was at a New Year ceremony at Church.and when the clock struck midnite and everyone cheered "Happy New Year!" the first thing that hit my head was: "Thank God, its my last semester in law school!"