Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sigh

So it has been less than 24 hours since I made my pledge to try to complain less about the little things in my life and instead focus on how lucky I am not to be involved in all the crap things happening in the world, and I have to say its really quiet hard. Currently the world is going to hell in a handbasket with the Middle East trying to blow each other up, earthquakes and a tsunami in Indonesia, floods in China, and a severe drought in Eastern Africa that has 11 million people facing starvation, yet still I find myself thinking "woe is me" thoughts throughout the day. Does it make me a bad person that I am already having trouble not thinking whiny thoughts about being stuck on an assignment I don't particularly enjoy at work or about how I feel like I need to get away and escape reality for a day or two? Cause it sure makes me have a not so fuzzy feeling about myself. I know you can't go around constantly worrying about all the world or you will be constantly miserable (I did it for awhile as a child when I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about all the little kids in Africa who were starving. All that happened is me ending up being depressed and sleep deprived. And before you ask, Yes, I do acknowledge I was a strange child), but I'm feeling that I need to step it up and stop being so me-centric and maybe become a bit more positive about all the great things in my life instead of focusing on the few things that annoy me about it.

No comments: