Monday, July 24, 2006

Fab Long Weekend!

So this weekend was one of the best I have had in awhile (excluding Europe)! It kicked off on Thursday with my roomie's bachelorette extravaganza - Gervais & Vine for a yummy dinner then off to PT's Caberet for the drag show. I wasn't even aware that Columbia had a drag club till last week but I must say there is only one way to describe it "Fab-u-lous, dahling!" It was a hella good time and fun was had by all (especially the bride who was more than a little worse for wear when I poured her into bed at about 2:30) . Friday was a bunch of last minute wedding running around complete with a brunch at Motor Supply Company, which was lovely- the food scrumptious and the company hilarious (it was good times even if the groom didn't manage to make it after the bachelor party funness and the bride was still rather hungover and thus forced to only eat toast). Because of all the last minute wedding stuff (and the partying of Thursday night), I played hooky from work so I actually got a chance to kinda chill for a little while which was great cause I have been feeling like I have been constantly on the go for the last couple of weeks.
Saturday was the wedding and it was absolutely beautiful. The bride was stunning and the ceremony was so touching that I will admit to crying a bit. There is nothing more amazing then seeing two people that you totally love and know that are completely perfect for each other celebrating that love in front of friends and family. It was good times, but the true good times came at the reception. This was hands-down the most fun I have ever had at a wedding. Seriously the reception was such a great time that I half expected Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn to crash! Alas that did not happen and the closest brush with celebrity was Sam Pancake (yes that is his real name) who is on Lovespring, International . I danced my little heart out along with everyone else till about 11:30 (and now have the aching legs and feet to prove it) and had a fab time. Luckily I managed to escape the bouquet during the toss, although I did have to do a bit of a dive to avoid it. And the best part of the whole night. . . not a single person asked me "Are you dating anyone?" or "Is that (points to bride) going to be you soon?" Talk about magical!
Sunday rounded out the great weekend by me getting to hang out with my best friend from high school who is in town from New Mexico. I hadn't seen her in over 3 years as she has been living overseas with her Air Force husband, so it was absolutely wonderful to see her. We have kept in touch through email and now that she is back in the states by phone but nothing beats getting to see someone you love in person.

All in all, a fantabulous weekend. After a week or two of self-doubt mixed with a pinch of self-pity at time it was just what the doctor ordered. I am now totally and completely exhausted but it was so worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would email you, but my email seems to be down at the moment. Loved hearing about your weekend. Hope you're having a good day! - Lisa