Sunday, August 27, 2006

Adorkable

So my friend Ellis is constantly says "I invented that" or "It's a scientific fact" about things that are completely untrue just to be funny. Okay I realize it deesn't sound funny when I type it like that but he says things like, "Oh Japanese, yeah I invented that...the people, not the language." Trust me its super funny.
So the other day, I said that someone was "adorkable" (which is one of my favorite words) and I found myself having to explain to a group of people what it meant. I realized that I always have to do that because, wait for it, I did indeed invent it. My friend Dani and I are the creative forces behind this word as we invented it together about 2 years ago. What is adorkable you ask? Well, adorkable is a guy (or I guess girl but I always use it when referring to a guy) who is cute but in a dorky kinda way thus he is adorkable. This guy is not classically good looking but he has something about him that makes you really like him he is normally either skinny or slightly overweight and almost always super funny. Examples of this are Zach Braff, Adam Brody, or TJ Knight (George from Grey's)

Update: I wrote the above earlier in the week but accidently hit the save draft button instead of publish, but since then there has been a shocking turn. By chance I decided to google my (and Dani's) word only to find out that its freakin everywhere! I'm serious... its in the urban dictionary, people's blogs, and there are even t-shirts! How did Dani and my brilliance spread so far? And a better question, where is our recognition (and money from t-shirt sales)? We should have copyrighted it when we had the chance. So world you can go ahead use our word and pretend like you were so clever to think it up, but I will know the truth. Dani and I invented adorkable and that is a scientific fact!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should totally write steven colbert, someone else who is adorkable, and submit your word to him in honor of truthiness. Also, telling him he is adorkable may lessen the blow of losing an Emmy to Barry Manilow (but, can wesay that now, being a 'Fanilow' is also adorkable?....that may be going too far).
Also, you should write/call/email your undergrad roomie your new address, because its really hard to send you 'Happy last year of school!" stuff without it.
:?P

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I heard Jessica Simpson utter this "word" around the time you say you invented it. Are you secretly friends with Jessica Simpson?

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Jessican Simpson thought she said adorable and didn't know the difference

The Mixocologist said...

woooo name check! wooo!