Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sigh..nothing like crying at your desk on a Wednesday afternoon.

I know this is random but what about me isn't? So today I ended up in a conversation about 9/11 with some people from work and I mentioned that of all the coverage the two things that most effected me where Peter Jennings almost crying on air and most of all Jon Stewart's speech on the first post-9/11 The Daily Show. This got me thinking about it and so being the good law clerk that I am (haha) I spent about 40 minutes tracking down the episode and re-watching it. Even after all this time Jon still made me cry. His speech is absolutely heart-wrenchingly beautiful with his slight inarticulation and choking back the tears. It reminds me of why I do love America problems and all. Well anyway if anyone wants to watch it here it is: Jon Stewart's Post 9/11 Speech Don't be daunted by the 22 minute running time. The first 9ish is his speech then it moves on to the rest of the episode which is still worth watching but not the true amazingness of Jon's monologue.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great clip! Lucas and I loved it, though now I'm sad and sniffly.