Tuesday, August 22, 2006

On like Donkey Kong!

So today was day 2 of orientation for the 1Ls at my school and I got roped into volunteering to help for orientation. Fine, whatever. I volunteered not because of the students on the orientation committee but instead because the staff member in charge of it might just be the sweetest person I have ever had the priviledge to meet and I swear if she asked me to run into a burning building for her I would most likely do it. So for my troubles of helping out today as well as 2 other days, she ordered an extra orientation t-shirt and gave it to me. Well today I showed up wearing said shirt and found out that evidently due to some issues there were a number of mentors who did not get one. Well that is all sad and everything but I knew that my shirt had been especially ordered for me so I went along to my station. Well, a little later a mentor, who is a 2L that I didn't really know that well but honestly hadn't really loved the few times I met her, walked up to me and was like, "You know about the t-shirt shortage right? So where did you get yours?" in this really snippy and accusatory attitude. That's right people, bitch just heavily implied that I stole a freakin t-shirt!! Well I managed to be somewhat civil as I informed her that I had been given one by above mentioned staff member for all the work I had put into helping with orientation even though I am not a mentor and thus it is not my job. I swear to goodness if my roomie hadn't been there to calm me down it would have been on like Donkey Kong! Where did her snooty ass get off implying that I had just helped myself to one? I mean seriously its not like she bothered to climb down off her high horse to help put together binders or any of a number of other tasks that should have been done by the people who signed up for the job in the first place. Nothing bothers me more than people who sign up for things just to pad their resume then don't put in the effort to do a good job, except stuck-up bitches who then act all superior to those that have to pick up their slack. Grr and now I remember why I don't like law schoolers and can't wait to freakin leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn stuck-up slack bitches...